- For info on Phantom Mangle's core series character, click here.
- Not what you were looking for? See Foxy (disambiguation).
|“||Because he/she needed to be weirder.||”|
— Phantom Mangle's loading screen(s).
Phantom Mangle is an unlockable character in FNaF World. It is a ghostly and charred incarnation of the original Mangle.
Phantom Mangle's appearance is almost identical to its core series counterpart, but it is smaller. Like most of the phantoms, its eyes are white dots surrounded by white rings. The same goes for the endoskeleton head. It looks identical to Mangle in design, similar to its core series counterpart, albeit with a charred and ghostly look to it.
|Damages and poisons two enemies.|
|Swaps out all party members for random characters. They go back to normal after the battle is over.|
|Massively damages all enemies multiple times.|
Phantom Mangle is more powerful than Mangle, and a good character to use throughout most of the game. Its best attack is Pizza Wheel 2, as it deals large damage over groups of enemies. Toxic Bite can damage a few enemies as well as inflicting poison on them, being a relatively good attack. Mystery Box swaps the player's party members for random party members, even ones that the player has not obtained yet. While this can be good in a pinch, it is a luck-based attack, and is risky to use, as it can often give the player an unbalanced or below-average party.
- Nightmarionne blocks out Phantom Mangle's head in the Update 2 teaser.
- In an early version, Phantom Mangle was called a "he" by the loading screen. However, in a later patch, a version of the same screen using the word "she" was added to the rotation as well.
- This was most likely done to leave the true gender of Mangle a mystery to the fanbase - a topic which has been subject to much controversy and debate ever since Mangle's first appearance in the main series.
- If one looks closely at Phantom Mangle's eyes, they appear to have a slight yellow-ish hue.
- However, when in the character selection menu, its eyes are white.
- When Phantom Mangle is attacking, its body detaches from its feet.
- It is possible that Phantom Mangle can defy the laws of physics, as most of the phantoms from Five Nights at Freddy's 3 can somehow do this, due to being hallucinations.