The Goal of the game is to destroy the processing core which is guarded by Souldozer and a few enemies. The player must destroy the enemies in his way to get to the boss and destroy him.
Additionally, the characters and boss, along with Fredbear, talk during the game.
This is the dialogue in order:
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
Fredbear: What's this, a space shooter?
Fredbear: Holy crap! Is that my voice?!
Fredbear: Voice acting?! Nooooooo! He's gone too far this time!
Fredbear: You need to shut this game down!
Toy Chica: Alrighty! I'm ready for action!
Nightmare Chica: Sorry I'm late for the party; fashionably late of course!
JJ: Let's kick this party into high gear!
Souldozer: Fools! How dare you challenge me!
Foxy: Souldozer! I should've known it was you!
Foxy: You're not even in the right game!
Souldozer: I wasn't fully appreciated in my last outing...
Souldozer: But now I'm back to show you my full power!
Foxy: Well, we're here to take back what's ours!
Foxy: This will be your last cameo!
Fredbear: Do a barrel roll!
Fredbear: Sorry, I'm not sure what came over me.
Toy Chica: Bingo! Got him!
Toy Chica: You won't get tired of my voice, will you?
Toy Chica: You won't get tired of my voice, will you? This line gets sped-up and repeated several times.
Toy Chica: You won't get tired of my voice, will you? This line gets slowed-down.
Souldozer: Fools! Turn back now and I'll spare your lives!
Souldozer: Or, more likely, I'll just chase you around and kill you anyway!
Nightmare Chica: At least I went down in a blaze of glory!
Toy Chica: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Souldozer: IMPOSSIBLE! You haven't seen the last of me!
Souldozer: Well, actually yes this is the last you'll see of me.
Foxy: Great job guys, err.... GALS!
Foxy: I see the processing core! Let's blow it up and get out of here!
Players are awarded new characters for their party, depending on their performance in the game. Upon completing the minigame with a rank of B or lower, players unlock Jack-O-Chica. If a rank of A is achieved, which requires a combined score (kills + health) of 175 or higher, then Nightmare BB is unlocked instead.
- Foxy Fighters is heavily based off of Star Fox, a 3D flying shooting game with animals as protagonists.
- Foxy and Fox McCloud are both the titular main characters and foxes.
- Fredbear uses the phrase "Do a Barrel Roll!" during the game, which is a direct reference to a now mematic line from Star Fox 64, which referred him as Peppy Hare.
- The joke about Toy Chica's voice being annoying is most likely a reference from Slippy Toad from the same series.
- The name Foxy Fighters may not just reference Foxy as the word foxy can be used to describe an attractive woman. Therefore, the name may also reference Baron Foxy's teammates who are all known Female characters.
- When in their planes, the characters wears scarves, but when they talk, the scarves are absent in their box.
- Souldozer first appeared in another game of Scott Cawthon's called "The Pilgrim's Progress."
- Fredbear is the only playable character that appears in Foxy Fighters to not ride in a plane.
- Mechrab is the only enemy to not be from Choppy's Woods that appears in this game.
- However, Gearrats are encountered in both Choppy's Woods and Fazbear Hills, where Mechrabs are encountered.
- Failing the minigame shows Foxy's plane on fire and crashing, then shows the text Mission Failed.
- There is an unused voiceline for JJ. It contained a swear word after Nightmare Chica's plane was hit. ("Now I'm gonna kick your a**, wait what... I can't say that in the game!")